Africa Bags provides several different opportunities for supporters to help us help them. Here is how you can help:
Buy a Bag
The best way to help our friends in need? Buy a bag and other Africa Bags products. 100% of all profits will be returned to the people of Malawi!
Send a Donation
You can tell us exactly how you would like the money spent! To learn more about how to donate, click here.
Spread the Word
- Tell your friends and family about Africa Bags!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Help Africa Bags gain publicity! Several magazines are featuring charitable organizations in their monthly publications. Write to your favorite magazine today and tell them to feature Africa Bags! Suggested Magazines: People Magazine, O (The Oprah Magazine), and Reader’s Digest.
Donate to a Malawian Project
- Educating Malawi: Help Africa Bags send a child to secondary school in Malawi. Sponsor a child and help make a difference today!
- Empowering Malawi: Give the gift of literacy to children and adults within Malawi by donating to Empowering Malawi today!
- Enlightening Malawi: Give the gift of Solar Power to help brighten the future for rural villages within Malawi, Africa!
Give a Micro-loan
Africa Bags Micro-lending wants to connect you to a small business owner in Malawi, Africa to help them build their business and alleviate poverty. To learn more about Africa Bags micro-lending, click here.
Purchase Donateable Items
- Africa Pads – Buy a Pad Kit to enable school girls to stay in school!
- Sewing Machine: Each Africa Bags village is in need of additional treadle sewing machines. Purchase a treadle sewing machine for your favorite Africa Bags village today!
- Roll of Cloth: Purchase a roll of cloth for the Africa Bags sewing groups and even more profits will be returned to the villages from the sales of the bags!
Donate Your Time
- Africa Bags Party: Host an Africa Bags party and invite all your friends and family to shop and fund raise for Africa Bags!
- Community Fund Raising Event: Add an Africa Bags booth to your community’s local fundraising events such as Holiday Craft shows, Summer Festivals, or Fair Trade Markets!
- Africa Bags Internships: Africa Bags is looking for college students throughout the United States to join Africa Bags for an opportunity to gain valuable marketing, advertising, and business skills. Internships even provide an opportunity to travel to the Africa Bags villages within Malawi, Africa!
- Attend an Africa Bags event, or volunteer with us! Click the Africa Bags Calendar here for information on events in your area.
J Ross and Amanda Lee, two outstanding highschool students from Niwot, Colorado volunteered to set up a booth to fundraise for Africa Bags at the 2008 Niwot Nostalgia Days!
These two students earned over $400 for Africa Bags in just one day! Thank you TJ and Amanda for helping us to spread the word in Niwot!
Raise Funds by Shopping
- Amazon Smile: Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of all eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Africa Bags whenever you shop on Amazon Smile!
- GoodShop: Use Good Shop for all your purchases and a percentage of every purchase will go to Africa Bags. Help fundraise for Africa Bags by shopping at thousands of stores online!
- King Soopers/Kroger: Shop with a King Soopers / Krogers Reloadable gift card to purchase groceries, gasoline, and 5% of all sales will be given directly to Empowering Malawi and Africa Bags!
- Safeway: Shop with a Safeway reloadable gift card to purchase groceries, gasoline, and 5% of all sales will be given directly to Enlightening Malawi and Africa Bags!
Donate by Searching:
Use Good Search for all your online searching and one penny per search will be donated to Africa Bags! Please tell all your friends and family about Goodsearch.com!
Stop Using Plastic Shopping Bags
Use reusable cloth shopping bags and help save your environment. Buy an Africa Bags cloth shopping bag!
Hailey Hebert took it upon herself to introduce Africa Bags to her school. She used an Africa Bag as her book bag and proceeded to sell bags to five of her teachers. To top things off she ran a lemon-aid stand and gave all proceeds to Africa Bags as a donation. She really touched our hearts and truly does understand the spirit of Africa Bags.